Monday, April 11, 2011

The B Day Post


Waking up on the B day was different this time as compared to the last 5 years. At college it was always a painful  affair and one was bound to wake up with the butts hurting. I had never celebrated my b day before coming to college and mostly it was a temple going affair then.But this time everyone at home was super excited.I knew I would be getting new clothes because everyone had seen my loose pants and hanging T-Shirts.
B days has always been a day to introspect and I realized two things worth mentioning about my life.

1) If you happen to see the video of the song,"Turn the Page." by Metallica, the lady says that,"If I could start my life all over again, I would make exactly the same choices as I have made."  I feel that I am lucky enough to confess that I would also make exactly the same choices that I have made.
 would 

2) Of all things one thing will always go right in my life.Not love,not career but friendship. 



On a new pair of Jeans : I have had experiences of my own which I seldom share but sometimes pen it down. There was a time when my favorite past time was jumping on haystacks in my village. Holding my pants in one hand and the baksa in the other, there was a routine run to the school in the dust.I wish I had a picture of mine then. When we moved to the city, life was a big fight both emotionally and financially. But the challenge was worth the effort and we learned a lot in the process. So every time I had new school clothes they were made of a size larger so that I could wear it for a long time. The haircut was always shorter than I would have liked. The cycle was too big for me.

I know many of you would never remember the first pair of jeans you wore or for that matter many other small things in life. We remember only those things in life which we desire the most. That was one phase when all I wanted was a jeans pant. My mom got me one which was one and half times longer than my height. I have had my laughs over that pant with my mom many times. But when she gifted me one this time, it was of the perfect size. Probably this symbolizes that how everyone in my family has moved to perfection. When I look back to this post some 10 years from now I would just like to have the smile which I am having now for this smile is life and I want to keep on living my life.


6 comments:

Aniket said...

Happy Birthday dost! Live your life!

vinny said...

Many happy returns of the day!

Jyoti Babel said...

Many Happy returns of the day.. I am sure 10 years down the line this post is going to bring smiles on yr face.. Nostalgic memories..

Abhinav said...

@Aniket,Vinnie and Jyoti : Thanks for the wishes.

Smita said...

Hey wish you a great birthday :)

Neha said...

Hey happy birthday...