Saturday, August 14, 2010

Book Review : Interpreter of Maladies by Jhumpa Lahiri



Winner of the Pulitzer prize for Fiction 2000 , the book is no doubt a Gem. A book of short stories lingering about life at Boston with characters from Kolkata. My favorite story among the 9 equally good stories is,"Sexy."
Really loved the language and her style of making simple stories so wonderful to read. 
Most of the stories revolved around Indians living abroad and situations from their lives. 
I would advice you to read this book and enjoy its beauty and excellent story telling abilities of the author.

"I know my achievement is quite ordinary. I am not the only man to seek his fortune far from home, and certainly i am not the first. Still, there are times  I am bewildered by each mile I have traveled, each meal I have eaten, each person I have known , each room in which I have slept. As ordinary as it all appears , there are times when it is beyond my imagination."

No comments: