Thursday, March 31, 2011

Was your favorite moved based on a book ?

On a rainy night in Chennai I had tears rolling down  my cheek.I was watching the movie The MotorCycle Diaries.and there was this intense scene which brought out those tears.I felt so because I had read the book and could appreciate the feelings portrayed in the movie.Into the wild  is one book and one movie which I would carry with me always.The book is so awesome and the movie is very well made.But the movie remains with me just because i had read the book and could link to every small event in the movie.Here is a list of some 15 movies based on a book.If you have not seen one of these , do read the book and watch the movie, remember you will be reminded of the movie all throughout your life.

I would also rank the movies and books according to my liking :
















Among these I had to wait a long time to read the lord of the rings.It was too bulky a book and somehow i found time to read it in the Christmas and new year period last December.


6 comments:

Jyoti Babel said...

Thanks for the list.. I have seen 10 and 11 and loved them.. Hope to pick some of the books this year..:)

Abhinav said...

@ Jyoti : I guess then pick these one by one , read the book and watch the movies.Some of these movies are the best among the best.

Smita said...

The only book to movie adaption that I have loved was "The Bridges of Madison County" beautiful book & lovely movie.I always feel that mostly movies don't do justice to the book! I always miss the detailing of the book!

Sadly off ur list I haven't seen any movie and read only Godfatehr!! As I always say so many books to read & so less time!

Abhinav said...

@ smita : Next time , try out one from this list , I would recommend The motorcycle diaries as it is the autobiography book of Che Guevara.

Neha said...

amazing thought..I also felt the same after watching Harry Potter, Kite runner and LOTR...

Anonymous said...

:) Into the wild is next on the list!