Monday, November 7, 2011

Books to buy this winter

Books to the ceiling,
Books to the sky,
My pile of books is a mile high.
How I love them! How I need them!
I'll have a long beard by the time I read them.

I had posted a similar list last November , hope you would have picked a few and read.Here is a list for this winter.Most of the books are on travel,some autobiographies and the remaining on life and philosophy.Trust me these are some wonderful reads and if you have read some your comments are most welcome.

1)Education of a wandering man by Louis L'amour .[ This book is mentioned in the book Into the Wild.]

2) Call of the Wild by Jack London.[ This book is mentioned in the book Into the Wild.]

3)Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoevsky .[This book and War and Peace have been referred to be the greatest books in some autobiographies I have read.]

4)Himalayas by Michael Palin.[ Lots of references of the same in Into thin Air.]

5)Out of my comfort zone-Steve Waugh[I am a great admirer of Steve especially his sixes on the leg side.]

6)Freedom in Exile-Autobiography of Dalai Lama

7)Of human bondage-Saumerset Maugham[Have read a few short stories by him.He is one of the greatest authors of all time and would start off with this book.]

8)The Hobbit by J.R.R.Tolkein [I read The Lord of the Rings by him and this is considered to be even better.]

9)Flow by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi.  


10)On shortness of life by seneca.


So what are you planning to read this winter ?                                   




5 comments:

Sugar said...

hmm nice :) have you read three cups of tea by greg mortenson? if you have, was it not amazing? and if you have not pick it up soon :) you'll love it. i promise.

Abhinav said...

@Sugar : Surely,i am putting it in my list.

Anonymous said...

:). I have few books to read :P!

Whack on the side of the Head -- is a book i'd be starting soon

Abhinav said...

@Divenita : Whack on the head has some good reviews on the net.

Prahlad said...

Have you read "Siddhartha" by H. Hesse? I am reading it right now.